Trump lawyer-turned-critic Michael Cohen says he's applying for "anti-weaponization fund" claim
Source: CBS News
May 21, 2026 / 7:41 PM EDT
Michael Cohen, a Trump lawyer-turned-critic who served prison time due to his work for the president, is planning to apply for money from the Justice Department's new "anti-weaponization fund," he told CBS News on Thursday.
"I am working through the process on my own and will submit the letter directly to the DOJ once completed," Cohen told CBS News in a text message.
The controversial $1.776 billion fund was announced earlier this week, offering financial compensation to people who allege the legal system was "weaponized" against them. It's part of a settlement between President Trump and the Justice Department to resolve a lawsuit brought by the president against the Internal Revenue Service over the leaking of Mr. Trump's tax returns.
He said he is applying because he believes the issues that prompted Mr. Trump to sue the government are "identical to what had happened to me."
Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-cohen-anti-weaponization-fund-claim-trump-lawyer/
choie
(7,008 posts)Ill be damned if my tax money goes to Cohen. I dont care what pain he went through. He made his bed.
lastlib
(28,647 posts)He will most likely be denied payment. Then he will have standing to sue, and maybe get the fund killed. Possible?
dweller
(28,720 posts)oh yeah that guy who helped make Pisswig what he is today
hmmm could have been the plan all along
🤔
✌🏻
Bayard
(30,313 posts)Maybe trump would laugh his way into a heart attack.
LiberalLovinLug
(14,761 posts)He kissed Donnie's ring again. So he may be "eligible"