More US firms to enter Venezuela in 'next few months,' energy secretary says
Source: ABC News
February 16, 2026, 11:32 AM
Secretary of Energy Chris Wright told reporters on Sunday that more American companies are expected to enter Venezuela within the next few months, adding that the country may also hold an election before the end of 2027.
Wright traveled to Venezuela last week and met with interim President Delcy Rodriguez, who assumed office after the U.S. operation to capture President Nicolas Maduro in early January.
President Donald Trump has said that his administration will work with private U.S. companies and the government in Caracas to expand Venezuelan oil production and exports -- with the U.S. controlling the revenue of oil sales.
"You know, Chevron's on the ground right now," Wright said Sunday, referring to the U.S. energy giant which is currently the only American oil firm operating in Venezuela. "They are growing their production this month and next month," Wright said.
Read more: https://abcnews.com/International/us-firms-enter-venezuela-months-energy-secretary/story?id=130199674